3.21.2005

are you worried?

Last night. He started laughing. It was sweet. We were both laughing. I was so tired. I said what are you laughing at? He said, are you worried about me turning 37? And I said no, it just occurred to me that I'm getting old. I'm so tired. And it was funny. Surreal. Comfortable. We both laughed, collapsed. I'm tired too.

After a few minutes we got into our sleep position. I talked about I don't remember what. How much I love him, maybe, how nice it was, maybe, that he had to turn 36 first before 37. I know-- it was whether he would want someone younger when I get a few years older, (although the age difference won't depreciate). Are you ready for sleep? he said. But I'm not tired anymore.

He said, the problem is, I keep going in and out of dreams as we talk. That's not a problem, I said. And he said, this is as good as it gets. And then I must have fallen asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home