9.05.2005

this week

can i say that while everything, every single thing has changed, it feels like nothing has. i've lost nothing. you are my everything, you are my home, you are my safety. can i say that i love you no more and no less for all of this. i love you the same as if we were at home in our apartment right now eating macaroni and cheese and drinking a beer. i love you the same as if we we had slept curled up together in our bed every night this week.

you have been so kind to me this week, through tragedy that i've never even dreamed of. you've been so compassionate, so loving, so understanding, so helpful. you've been my strength, you've let me lean on you. you've taken care of me this week, taken care of all of my physical, mental, emotional needs, and still you've made me feel equal, like it was ok, like you needed me just as much as i needed you. for that, for everything, i love you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Corsair, The Mostly Harmless said...

Hey!

Thanks for taking a gander at my blog. I thought I'd not have ANY traffic. I'll check your site out too!

CMH

5:42 PM  
Blogger Corsair, The Mostly Harmless said...

Hi again. I would email, but I couldn't find an email addy for you. Are you living in New York? I'm quite late to you page, so don't know the background. My wife and I have long hoped to get to take a holiday to N.Y. to do the usual tourist stuff: Take in an overhyped show, visit and lay flowers at Ground Zero, do the architecture tour (I LOVE the Chrysler Building), and visit Ellis Island, where our ancestors became Americans.

Anyhow, sorry to bother you again.

Corsair, The Mostly Harmless

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home